Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Barley and Buckwheat

Here are some pictures of a few different types of whole grains. There are so many out there, you should try some new grains at least once! Because depending upon the grain, you may get different vitamins and minerals you may not usually get with eating wheat or oats. So test out a few and see which ones you like. :) Anyways, here are a few that I've tried...

Barley

Barley is good in soups and as hot cereals or it can be milled into flour which is also good.

Buckwheat
Buckwheat is good milled into flour to make pancakes, and can also be cooked whole and used as a meat replacement. I have a few recipes for this as well.
This is actually all the time I have for today, sorry. I'll be sure to post up a few more pictures and whole grains so you can see just as soon as I can. You can subscribe to my feed for updates or put this site on your website.
Thanks for reading and have a great day! Don't forget to eat your whole grains though! :)

Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments: