Monday, May 14, 2007

The wheat pancake recipe

Sorry I didn't blog these past few days. I've been busy with other things, but hopefully it won't happen again.

Here's that pancake recipe though that I promised I'd give you. Oh, and something I found out this morning was that the pancake batter does not freeze well at all. But freezing the actual pancakes works great! Just thought I'd let you know. ;)

2 tablespoons sugar
4 cups freshly milled "soft white wheat"
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon backing soda*
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder


3 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs


Mix together all the dry ingredients first and then add the liquids. Stir just until mixed, then you have the batter finished. After that, fry on hot oiled griddle. To make a lighter pancake separate the eggs and whip the egg whites then fold gently into the batter. Serve however you like it and enjoy.
*To use sweet milk instead of buttermilk omit soda and increase baking powder to 4 teaspoons.

And that's it! I hope you enjoy them. Happy eating! :)

Technorati Tags: , ,

No comments: